Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes, plus chilling
Makes 24 small squares or approximately 10 lollipops
120g Butter (unsalted)
300g plain or milk chocolate broken into pieces
45g Golden syrup
100g amaretti or digestive biscuits roughly crushed
100g Brazil nuts or almonds roughly chopped
100g Mini marshmallows
100g raisins or dried cranberries
3 pieces stem ginger in syrup, drained and finely chopped ( optional)
To make squares of Rocky Road
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl with the butter and syrup.
- Put the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir to combine.
- Add the crushed biscuits, nuts, dried fruit, marshmallows, and – if using – the ginger to the chocolate and mix well to coat.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, and press down well. Chill for 1-2 hours, or until firm. Lift out of the tin and cut in squares.
To make lollipops
- Make as above until the end of step 3.
- Line a small rounded dish or glass with baking paper leaving a big lip at the top.
- Spoon in some of the mixture, push a lolly stick into the middle and leave to chill as above.
- When firm, remove from the dish and if liked you can tie the bottom with a ribbon ready to take on your picnic.
- On a very hot day you can put these in the freezer the night before so that they stay firm.