Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
4 slices medium sliced white bread, preferably sourdough
150g sliced Jarlsberg
- Butter each slice of bread on one side
- Heat large frying pan and place bread butter-side down in the pan, frying until golden brown
- Remove bread from the pan and make 2 sandwiches with the cheese with the browned side on the inside
- Butter the 4 sides of the bread and with a 2″ round cutter, cut a ring out of the middle of each sandwich. Keep the circle of bread still in the sandwich.
- Heat the frying pan and pop in the whole sandwiches.
- Fry on 1 side until browned and crisp. Remove the middles and turn everything over.
- Crack 1 egg into each hole.
- The lids will be a good indicator of how quickly the undersides of the bread is cooking.
- Fry the sandwiches gently until the egg is cooked.
- Remove from the pan and top with the ‘hat’.