Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
6 large filo pastry sheets
100g butter, melted, mixed with 2tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a deep patty tin using the melted butter and oil.
- Brush 1 sheet of filo pastry with the melted butter and oil, then top with the second sheet and brush again. Then finish off with a third sheet.
- Using an 8cm cutter, cut as many circles as you can keeping close to each circle to get as many out as possible.
- Use the filo circles to line the patty tin, and press them gently into the bases.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes until starting to look golden.
- Turn them over and rest on the tin and bake for a further 3-4 minutes to crisp up the bottoms.
- To make lids for the fill baskets, follow the above to stage 3, then using a 6cm cutter cut out as many circles as you can. You can, at this stage to make a tasty crisp or ‘dipper’, brush them with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
- Place these on a greased baking tray and bake for about 7 minutes until golden.
- When you are ready to go, fill your basket with your choice of filling and pop the lid on.
- The cooked filo shells can be stored in a container in the fridge or freezer until ready to use, then flashed in the oven to crisp up.
- Avocado, hummus and black olive
- Chopped ham with egg mayonnaise
- Diced chicken in herb mayonnaise
- Grated cheddar cheese, sweetcorn and celery
- Red onion marmalade and goats cheese
- Mozzarella with sun-dried tomato in garden herb pesto