Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves 2 as main, 4 as a starter
200g chopped curly kale, stems removed
75g mixed nuts, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, lightly toasted
2 x 125g mozzarella, pulled into pieces
6 sun-dried tomatoes, snipped into pieces
10 baby plum tomatoes, quartered
1 thick slice ‘good’ bread, white or brown, cut into 1-2cm squares
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp green pesto
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp yuzu or 1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, parsley, basil or chives
- Put kale into a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 5 minutes then drain well and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the bread cubes until well browned on all sides. Stir in the pesto and mix well. Sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the kale to a large bowl and toss in the nuts, tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, yuzu or lemon juice and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Add pepper and mix well to combine. Pour over the kale and toss well. Gently fold in the mozzarella.
- Tip into a serving dish or separate individual bowls. Sprinkle over the nuts and top with the croutons and chopped herbs.