Cauliflower Pancake Wrapper
These vegetarian wrappers can be used to wrap around your favourite chilli or ragu. when cut into small triangles, they make a lovely dipper to dunk into hummus or the vibrant Kale and Almond Pesto ( recipe below )
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Half medium cauliflower, stalk removed and cut into florets
2 medium eggs
Pinch salt and pepper
1tsp curry paste
1tbsp chopped coriander
1 garlic clove, crushed
1tbsp chopped parsley
2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat oven 200C / Gas Mark 6. Line 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until they form small crumbs.
- Turn into a bowl and stir in beaten eggs. Add any other choices of ingredients and combine well.
- Divide the mix into 2 and spread each half into into a large circle approximately 18-20cm in diameter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until dry and starting to gently brown at the edges.
- Invert onto plate and spoon your choice of filling onto one half. Fold over and serve warm.
- To keep warm, pile the wraps onto a plate with bakewell parchment between each layer.
Kale And Almond Pesto
Handful of kale, stems removed
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ground almonds
Squeeze of lime juice
1 garlic clove
Salt and black pepper
Put the kale in a processor with the garlic and blitz until fine.
Add the remaining ingredients and process until the desired texture.
This can be used with pasta, as a dip and it makes a lovely alternative to garlic bread. It can be frozen.